What do you need:
- 275 g / 10 oz butter
- 150ml / ¼pt golden syrup
- 225 g / 8 oz of chocolate (good quality, at least 60% cocoa)
- Package of ½ x 400 g of crushed digestive biscuits
- Package of ½ x 400 g of rich tea biscuits, crushed approximately
- 1 package of Maltesers
- 125 g / 4 oz of clover nuts, Brazil nuts and / or almonds (optional)
- 125 g / 4 oz of clover, sultanas, apricots and / or cherries (optional)
- Line a 15 cm / 6 "round cake can or a 2-pound can of bread with a double layer of grease-resistant paper.
- Melt the butter, syrup and chocolate in a pan over low heat. Stir to make sure all ingredients are well mixed.
- Add cookies, maltesers and fruits and nuts, if used. Stir well.
- Transfer to the prepared can. Level at the top and press well to avoid air spaces. Let cool and harden. Wrap completely in grease resistant paper and store in a refrigerator.
- A delight for after tea!