What do you need:
- 175 g / 6 oz of Odlums Self Raising yeast flour
- 175 g / 6 oz of butter (room temperature)
- 175 g / 6 oz of powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (sieved)
- 6 x Mini cream eggs (cut into quarters)
- 4 regular creme eggs (cut in half)
- Preheat oven to 150 ° C / 300 ° F / Gas 4. Line a 7-inch / 18 cm deep cake pan with grease-resistant paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually add the eggs.
- Gently add the flour, water and cocoa.
- Finally mix the mini eggs well. Transfer to the prepared can. Smooth the top with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes until it rises and firm to the touch when pressed gently.
- Remove from the oven. Leave in can for ten minutes, then transfer to wire tray to cool. When cold, preheat the grill. Arrange the egg cream halves on the cake and place them under the hot grill for a few minutes to melt.
- Ideal to serve as dessert!