What do you need:
- 275g / 10oz Flour Lisa Cream Odlums
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Odlums baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 200g / 7oz golden clover sugar
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 225ml / 8fl oz sunflower oil
- 225ml / 8fl oz of milk
- 450 g / 1 lb of chocolate
- 200 g / 7 oz of butter
- Easter bunnies, chocolate truffles or mini eggs
- Chocolate Finger Cookies
- Yellow tape
Icing / filling
- Preheat oven to 160 ° C / 325 ° F / Gas 3. Grease and place two 20 cm / 8 ”sandwich cans on the base, the cans should be at least 1½ inches deep.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa in a large bowl. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Put the eggs, golden syrup, oil and milk in the dry ingredients and beat well. When the mixture is smooth, transfer it to the prepared cans.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until the cakes have risen and jump again when pressed gently.
- When baked, turn over the wire tray and remove the lining paper. Let cool.
- Cut each cake in half horizontally.
- Prepare the glaze by placing the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a hot water source. The base of the container must not touch the water. Stir occasionally until it melts. Remove from heat and let cool and begin to set.
- Place half of the cake for the bottom layer on a wire tray and place a baking sheet underneath to catch the drops. Spoon a little of the icing on the cake, spreading it evenly on the sides. Repeat with the remaining layers of the cake, then pour the remaining glaze over the cake making sure it evenly covers the top and sides.
- Let stand and then transfer to serving plate. Organize your fingers around the cake. Decorate the top with bunnies, truffles or eggs.
- Finally tie a yellow ribbon around the cake, if desired. Enjoy and have a very happy Easter!