What do you need:
- 75g / 3oz Flour Odlums Self Raising
- 3 separate eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 75g / 3oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- Few drops of Goodall vanilla essence
- Whipped cream 250 ml
- 8-10 chopped strawberries
- Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C / 400 ° F / Gas 6. Line a 33 cm x 23 cm / 13 "x 9" Swiss roll can with grease-resistant paper.
- Place the egg whites in a large, clean and dry bowl, add a pinch of salt. Beat until the mixture is stiff and dry in appearance. Add the sugar and continue beating until it is thick and shiny. Finally beat the egg yolks until it thickens and a trace of beaters remains. Sift the flour and gradually add to the egg mixture by folding it with a metal spoon. Finally, double the essence if used.
- Transfer to the prepared can and spread evenly. Bake for 10 minutes. Place a sheet of grease-proof paper sprinkled with a little powdered sugar on the work surface. When the cake is baked, turn it over the paper, remove the lining paper and trim the edges with a sharp knife. Roll the cake from its longest edge with the paper inside. Let cool
- When it is cold, approximately 20 minutes, gently unwind and remove the grease resistant paper. Spread with the whipped cream and place the chopped strawberries over the cream.
- Roll up again to form a Swiss roll. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
- Whipped cream and jam
- Lemon curd
- Chocolate cream
- If you use a smaller can, for example 28 cm x 18 cm / 11 "x 7", simply use 50 g / 2 oz. Of Odlums Self Raising flour, 2 eggs, 50 g / 2 oz. Of gold crushing sugar.